Your Django-nonrel installation is working fine. Now go and build something useful with it. :)
Also, make sure you follow the Django-nonrel & webdev blog, so you don't miss any new features and improvements.
If you search for reusable apps that work with Django-nonrel here's a list to get you started:
- django-mediagenerator: Combines and compresses your JS and CSS files
- django-dbindexer: Adds extra DB features (e.g., __iexact, JOINs, etc.) beyond the native DB API
- nonrel-search: A simple full-text search engine for App Engine and other non-relational DBs
- django-filetransfers: Generic API for file uploads/downloads (e.g. via App Engine Blobstore)
- allbuttonspressed: The simple CMS/blog that powers the Django-nonrel website
- ...and our other projects...
Finally, take a look at the apps listed on Django Packages. Many simple Django apps (e.g., django-registration) should work unmodified. If you want to use django-debug-toolbar you need to disable the SQLDebugPanel in your settings.